Glendale Wrongful Termination Attorneys
Aggressively Standing Up For Employees' Rights
At Stephan Filip PC, we know that being fired from your job is a stressful experience that is only made worse if you were terminated by your employer under illegal circumstances. Although California is an at-will employment state where employers can fire or lay off their employees for any reason, the employer's reasoning must fall within the confines of the law. If you believe you were wrongfully fired, please get in touch with our attorneys so we can help you defend your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to under the law.
Common Examples of Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination can take many forms, with some being more subtle than others. We help clients who have been fired for the following illegal reasons:
- Opposing or reporting unlawful activity in the workplace
- Requesting rest breaks or lunch breaks
- Taking pregnancy leave
- Requesting accommodation for a disability
- Refusing to work under unsafe workplace conditions
- Serving on a jury
- Refusing or resisting sexual advances of a co-worker or superior
- Inquiring about salary information regarding potentially discriminatory wages
- Refusing the direction of a superior that would result in discrimination
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for Wrongful Termination?
Proving wrongful termination can be a complicated and challenging process, but if successful, you can recover the following damages:
- Back pay for the lost wages that accumulated from the time you were fired to the time the court issues a judgment
- Front pay for lost wages from the date of the judgment until the date you are reinstated to your old position or you find a new job
- The cost of health insurance and other benefits you would have received from your employer if you weren’t fired
- An injunctive relief order that tells your employer to cease specific actions, rewrite the company’s firing policies, or rehire you
How Hard Is It To Prove Wrongful Termination in California?
Truthfully, wrongful termination is more complex than some would think Depending on the specifics of your specific case, it can be fairly difficult to prove wrongful termination in California. Our Glendale wrongful termination lawyers have a great deal of experience with employment law, so we will work to ensure you're fairly and justly compensated. Schedule a consultation with our team today.
Our Glendale Wrongful Termination Team Will Fight for Your Rights
We deliver the compassionate, insightful legal support that you need to pursue justice and hold your employer accountable for their wrongdoing. California has several employment laws to protect employee rights, so don't waste time reaching out to our lawyers or a consultation. The team at Stephan Filip PC looks forward to working with you to build a strong case.