Glendale Wrongful Termination Attorneys
Dedicated to Providing an Exceptional Client Experience
We know that being fired from your job is a stressful experience that is only made worse if you were terminated by your employer under illegal circumstances. Although California is an at-will employment state where employers can fire or lay off their employees for any reason, the employer's reasoning must fall within the confines of the law. If you believe you were wrongfully fired, please get in touch with our attorneys so we can help you defend your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to under the law.
Call us today at (323) 433-6715 for a free consultation.
Common Examples of Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination can take many forms, with some being more subtle than others. We help clients who have been fired for the following illegal reasons:
- Opposing or reporting unlawful activity in the workplace
- Requesting rest breaks or lunch breaks
- Taking pregnancy leave
- Requesting accommodation for a disability
- Refusing to work under unsafe workplace conditions
- Serving on a jury
- Refusing or resisting sexual advances of a co-worker or superior
- Inquiring about salary information regarding potentially discriminatory wages
- Refusing the direction of a superior that would result in discrimination
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for Wrongful Termination?
Proving wrongful termination can be a complicated and challenging process, but if successful, you can recover the following damages:
- Back pay for the lost wages that accumulated from the time you were fired to the time the court issues a judgment
- Front pay for lost wages from the date of the judgment until the date you are reinstated to your old position or you find a new job
- The cost of health insurance and other benefits you would have received from your employer if you weren’t fired
- An injunctive relief order that tells your employer to cease specific actions, rewrite the company’s firing policies, or rehire you
Our Wrongful Termination Team Will Fight for Your Rights
We deliver the compassionate, insightful legal support that you need to pursue justice and hold your employer accountable for their wrongdoing.
If you would like us to review your case and help build a strong legal strategy to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve, then please call (323) 433-6715 today to set up your free case consultation.