Wage & Hour Attorneys in Glendale, CA
Don’t Let Your Employer Violate Your Rights. Call (323) 433-6715 Today
We believe that all employees, whether they are contract employees, hourly employees, salaried employees, temporary employees, or consultants, deserve to be paid fair wages for their hard work. The State of California has strong overtime and minimum wage laws. Many employers use different tactics to avoid paying full wages. We hold employers accountable by ensuring that each employers pays proper minimum wages and overtime wages to their employees, whether they are contract employees, hourly employees, salaried employees, temporary employees, or consultants.
Do I Have a Wage & Hour Claim?
If your employer has committed any of the following wage and hour violations, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Stephan Filip so we can help you build a strong legal strategy:
- Fails to pay at least the minimum wage
- Refuses to pay overtime or double time wages
- Forces employees to work during their paid and unpaid break periods
- Fails to pay for vacation time
- Keeps tips, bonuses, or commission
- Makes paycheck deductions without a valid reason
- Refuses to pay for on-call time or preparation time
- Misclassifies employees as independent contractors
- Forces employees to work off of the clock
- Refuses to pay employees who are undocumented workers
- Refuses to provide a paystub with paychecks
What is the Minimum Wage in Glendale, California?
According to the DDS as of January 1, 2023, California’s minimum wage is $15.50 per hour for all employers. Some cities and counties in California have a higher minimum wage.
How Much Should I Be Paid for Overtime?
Non-exempt employees must be paid one and a half times their regular rate of pay if they work more than 8 hours in one workday or 40 hours in one workweek. If you work a 7-day workweek, you are entitled to overtime for the first eight (8) hours of work on the seventh day.
Employers must pay exempt/hourly employees twice their regular rate of pay if they work more than 12 hours in one workday or more than 8 hours on the seventh day of a workweek.
Our Legal Team Is Prepared to Fight for the Wages You Deserve
We know that your job provides the financial support you need to get by. That is why our legal team is committed to helping employees of all backgrounds recover the wages they are owed by unscrupulous employers. If you have questions about California’s wage and hour laws and what you can do to take action against your employer, then please get in touch with Stephan Filip today.