Fight for Our Clients
We work hard on behalf of the diverse clients we represent in employment law and personal injury matters. We are dedicated attorneys who provide client-centered legal services and representation. You can count on us to take the time to become familiar with you, your case, and deliver the exceptional experience you deserve as you navigate the legal system.
Employment Cases We Handle
The State of California has strict labor laws to protect the rights of employees.
We expose corruption and unethical conduct our clients have endured by helping them file lawsuits for the following employment law matters:
- Covid-19 Leave Retaliation: It is illegal for employers to terminate your employment for taking a leave because you and/or member of your family contracted Covid-19. We have successfully obtained reinstatements and just compensation for employees terminated for taking Covid-19 Leaves.
- Wrongful Termination: The law protects employees who are wrongfully terminated for reporting a safety violation, requesting a reasonable accommodation, or reporting discrimination in the workplace. We have represented multiple employees against large corporations and public entities for wrongful termination
- Whistleblower Retaliation: Safety Always First! Employers often cut corners on safety in order to increase their profits. Employees who complain about safety violations are illegally terminated and retaliated against. We know that the contributions whistleblowers make to workers’ rights and the public’s interest. We represent whistleblowers against large corporations and public entities to stop the unsafe conduct and obtain just compensation for our clients.
- Start-Up Employees: The California Labor Code requires all employees to be compensated for all hours an employer suffers or permits those employees to work. We have successfully negotiated compensation for start-up employees as well as advised start-up employees on their contracts for equity and compensation.
- Discrimination: It is illegal to treat employees differently or unfairly because of their physical and/or mental disability, race, gender, disability, religion, age, or national origin. We have successfully obtained just compensation for employees discriminated against because of a protected category.
- Disability Discrimination Failure to Engage in the Interactive Process: Under California law, employers have a duty to engage in a good faith interactive process with employees with mental and/or physical disabilities. We help employees when they face employers who fail to engage in the interactive process and fail to provide a reasonable accommodation to them.
- Disability Discrimination - Failure to Provide Reasonable Accommodations: Under California law, employers have a duty to provide reasonable accommodations to their employees. When an employee informs his/her employer about a need for accommodation, such as a work restriction, the employer has a duty to engage in a good faith interactive process and provide reasonable accommodation to the employee.
- Gender Discrimination: Under California law, gender discrimination is complicated because it is subtle. Women, however, know that they are being discriminated against when they are passed over for promotions, growth opportunities, otherwise perks of the job. We have successfully litigated against large corporations and public entities, and we can help you understand gender discrimination and provide you with the insight you need to better navigate the workplace.
- Racial Discrimination: We successfully advise and litigate on behalf of employees discriminated against on the basis of their race. Racial discrimination is prevalent within large corporations and public entities. Racial discrimination exists when an employer treats an employee less favorably because of the employee’s race. California law and federal law outlaws such conduct.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: Pregnancy discrimination exists when an employer treats a pregnant employee less favorably upon learning about the employee’s pregnancy. California law provides various forms of accommodations and leaves to pregnant employees. We have successfully helped employees when their employers refused to provide them with accommodation or refused to return them back to their prior positions.
- Religious Discrimination: When an employee has a sincerely held religious belief, and said religious beliefs conflict with a job requirement, and the employer does not explore available reasonable alternatives of accommodating the employee, the employee can make a claim against the employer to enforce the California law that provide for said accommodation and obtain just compensation.
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Under California law, employers are not allowed to treat employees differently because of their sexual orientation. We have helped employees who were mistreated because of their sexual orientation.
- Equal Pay: All humans are created equal and must be compensated equally. Under California law, an employer must compensate equally all employees doing the same work: This means that men and women doing the same work must earn the same pay, similarly, employees of all backgrounds must earn the same compensation for the work done. California law awards three times the damages to employees.
- Harassment: It is never okay to be harassed at work. Under California Law, an employer must protect all employees, including contract workers, applicants, unpaid interns, and volunteers, from verbal and physical harassment. An employer may also be responsible for the acts of nonemployees, with respect to sexual harassment. There are two types of harassment under the law: hostile work environment and quid pro quo harassment. An example of Quid Pro Quo harassment: a supervisor asks a subordinate for a sexual act and/or favors in exchange for a job benefit. Hostile work environment is sexual harassment when a similarly situated woman would be offended by the conduct in the workplace. Employees have the right to report any form of harassment to their employers. Employers have a duty to investigate and prevent harassment in the workplace
- Lactation Accommodation: Employers must accommodate lactating employees by providing a reasonable amount of break time to any employee who desires to express breast milk for the employee’s child each time an employee requests the accommodation. Employers cannot retaliate against employees for requesting this accommodation.
- Wage and Hour Violations: Unscrupulous employers sometimes take advantage of their employees by using various tactics to avoid paying minimum wage and overtime. If you are not compensated for all hours that you work, then please contact our attorneys so we can help you seek fair compensation.
- Overtime Wage Violations: Absent very strict exceptions, every employee is entitled to overtime wage compensation. Overtime wage compensation includes time and a half for the ninth through twelfth hours, and double the wages for any hour worked after the twelfth hour.
- Minimum Wage Violations: California Minimum Wage laws are strict and afford for liquidated damages. We have helped multiple employees recover unpaid minimum wages, liquidated damages which is double of the unpaid minimum wage, interest and penalties. We represent employees of all backgrounds, against small, medium, or large size companies. All employees deserve to be paid minimum wage and we help them recover every dollar owed to them.
- Unpaid Overtime Wages to Salespersons: It is not often that salespersons are exempt from overtime wage compensation. Many employers pay employees salary wages, and fail to properly compensate the employees for overtime wages. Salespersons are exempt from overtime compensation when they work as outside salesperson or inside sales when more than half (1/2) of that employee’s compensation represents commissions.
- Non-Compete Clauses: Non-Compete Clauses, absent specific and rare exceptions, are outlawed in the State of California. Employees have the right to earn a living by having more than one job at a time. We have successfully advised many employees on non-compete clauses and agreements.
- Sexual Harassment: Our compassionate legal team understands that it can be difficult for individuals who have experienced sexual harassment at work to cope with their trauma and various job repercussions. If you are afraid to speak up about sexual harassment at work, we can help you navigate the workplace to ensure the harassment stops and the perpetrators are held accountable.
We take into account what our clients want and work hard to get the results that will better their lives. We take the time to understand every case and provide effective legal services to get the results our clients need.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Wage and Hour Law Violations
Whether your injury was the result of a rear-end collision or inadequate security on private property, our team of personal injury lawyers can walk you through each phase of filing a lawsuit so you can hold the negligent party responsible for damages.
Call or visit our firm today for legal guidance in the following personal injury matters:
- Car Accidents: We know that medical bills and expenses from a serious car accident can quickly pile up. If you have been injured in a car accident, then please speak to our attorneys about building a strong case to pursue compensation for emergency room bills, rehabilitation, recovery expenses, and lost wages from your inability to work.
- Premises Liability: Were you seriously injured on another person's property? If so, the premises liability lawyers Stephan Filip have the resources you need to collect credible evidence and help you hold the property manager accountable for failing to maintain a safe environment for visitors.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can result from accidents that cause damage to the head. From motorcycle accidents to contact sports, individuals who suffer from TBI often struggle to perform day-to-day tasks and require expensive treatments well into the future. Let us help you pursue maximum compensation for your TBI injury so you can obtain the care you need to resume your life.
- Wrongful Death: Although filing a wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring a loved one you lost in a tragic accident, it can help get you to obtain justice and compensation for your emotional and financial loss.
Free In-Person & Phone Consultations
We Speak Spanish, Armenian, & Russian
We Work Hard to Get The Results You Need
Experienced & Aggressive Attorneys
Great Reputation in the Legal Community
Dedicated to Fighting for What's Best for You